Ministry Of Communications And Information Technology Riyadh
Ministry of Communications and Information Technology located in Riyadh. It is responsible for all forms of communication and information technology in Saudi Arabia after it had been an agency affiliated to the Ministry of Transport (transportation now), and was its former name (Ministry of Post, Telegraph and Telephone). In 1345 H King Abdulaziz was issued a decree for the establishment of the Posts, Telegraphs and Telephones Directorate and it was responsible for the care of various postal and telecommunication services. In 1353 H twenty-two wireless stations were installed to connect all towns and villages of the Kingdom with telegraph services. In 1372 H the Ministry of Communications was established and All facilities of post, telegraph and telephone were annexed to the new ministry. In 1395 H as a result of the growing significance of the role of telecommunications in the development and advancement of nations and states, a royal decree was issued for the establishment of the Ministry of Posts, Telegraphs and Telephones to be in charge of both sectors of posts and telecommunications. The number of telephone lines at the time was not more than 130,000 lines. In 1404 H. the first fiber optic network was operated and telecommunications centers and complexes were established all over the Kingdom. In 1407H was operated the King Fahad Satellite Communications City on the Makkah-Jeddah Road. In 1416 H mobile services came into operation. In 1417 H the fiber optical cable network was operated in the Kingdom. In 1418 H the smart net data transfer network was initiated in the Kingdom. In 1418 H the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz, issued a royal decree for separating the facilities of posts, telegraphs and telephones from the Ministry and the establishment of a joint-stock Saudi company (the Saudi Telecom Company) to assume the responsibility of the provision of telecommunications services. In 1422 H was issued a royal decree for approving the Statute of Telecommunications and the establishment of the Saudi Communications Commission to be responsible of the organization of this sector in order to provide advanced communications services. In 1424 H was issued a royal decree for changing the name of the Ministry of Posts, Telegraphs and Telephones to “ the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology”, and was issued a decree for adding information technology to the tasks of the Telecommunications Authority technology to become a "Communications and Information Technology Commission." In 1426 H was establishment a electronic-government transactions Programme, and start providing the second operator of mobile phone services (Mobily). In 1427 was the launch of third-generation service and was the restructuring of the Internet service and the transfer of responsibilities from the King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology to the Communications and Information Technology. In 1428 H was approved for the National Plan for Communications and the version of the third mobile phone license (Zain). In 1429 H was issued the Implementing Regulations of electronic transactions. In 1430 Atheeb Telecom company began to provide its services. In 1432 H was introduced telecommunications company to going public. The current minister for Ministry of Communications and Information Technology Eng. Mohamed bin Amer Al-Sawahah.