Ad Diriyah Al Diriyah
Diriyah is an arabian town in Saudi Arabia located on the north-western outskirts of the Saudi capital, Riyadh. Diriyah was founded in 1446 by Mani Al-Mraydi, an ancestor of the Saudi royal family. Diriyah was the capital of the First Saudi State from 1744 to 1824. In 1824 Riyadh became the new seat of governance. The area of Diriyah province is 2020 square kilometers and it is inhabited by about 73 thousand people. Diriyah is 20 square kilometers away from the Saudi Capital Riyadh. Was so named “Diriyah” because the tribe that settled in Wadi Hanifa called “ Aldro' Tribe”. Diriyah considered as the most advanced province in Saudi Arabia. It characterized by several variety of tourist elements such as Turaif district, the first capital of Saudis, in Diriyah was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2010, Albujairy District, Wadi Hanifa. Diriyah includes many of museums such as Salwa Palace, a museum of horses, a museum of social life and a museum of war. Diriyah includes also the Palace of Hospitality and sauna and other facilities indicated the extent of its development. Diriyah includes the villages of Al Uyaynah, Al Jubayla, and Al-Ammariyah, Sultana, Sadus, Hzoa and Bodh. The School of Imam Muhammad bin Saud, the first school was opened in Diriyah in 1368 and then started opening of schools until became the number of schools 60 for general education. Also available in Diriyah college of knowledge to undergraduate programs in this specializes: medicine, pharmacy, nursing, respiratory care, emergency medical services, and information systems. Diriyah includes clubs and sports facilities for several sports, such as football, basketball, swimming, tennis, and table tennis.