Due to the current situation related to the coronavirus, we understand you may need to change your travel plans. To get the latest info, contact the property you booked to check if they can accommodate you. You can also visit our Help Center for support with making changes to your booking.
Due to the current circumstances, it may take us longer than usual to respond to any questions you send us. Thanks for your patience.
Hotels close to National Museum of Saudi Arabia Riyadh
The National Museum of Saudi Arabia is a historical museum that highlights the history of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia located in the eastern side of the the King AbdulAziz Historical Centre, Al Murabba District, Riyadh, next to Al Murabba Palace and it was opened by King Fahd Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques in 1429 within the grand opening for the King Abdulaziz Historical Centre occasion of the centenary of the establishment of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The National Museum of Saudi Arabia built on with an area of about 17,000 square meters, while the total area of about 28,000 square meters.
The National Museum consists of the lobby, eight main exhibition halls, two halls for temporary shows, administrative offices and technical facilities consisting of stores, research facilities, laboratories.
The eight main exhibition halls arranged in a historic sequence, the visitor can know it according to architectural design that takes into account chronological order they are:
- Man and the Universe: The first hall with a total area of 1,500 square meters located on the ground floor.
- Arabian Kingdoms: offers the Arabian Kingdoms. It is the second hall at the Museum with a total area of 1,500 square meters.
- Jahiliyya Era Hall: specially equipped for Jahiliyya Era and offers the evolution of script and calligraphy and explained with many examples. It is the third hall at the Museum with a total area of 500 square meters.
- The Prophet's Mission Hall: offers the life and mission of the Prophet Mohammad. It is the fourth hall at the Museum with a total area of 350 square meters.
- Hall of Islam and the Arabian Peninsula: includes the Islamic beginnings in Madinah and the history of the rise and fall of the Caliphate. It is the fifth hall at the Museum with a total area of 1,200 square meters.
- Hall of First and Second Saudi States: shows the culture and history of the two early Saudi states. It is the sixth hall at the Museum.
- Unification of The Kingdom Hall: shows how King Abdul Aziz regained Riyadh and established his kingdom. It is with a total area of 1,200 square meters.
- Hall of Hajj and The Two Holy Mosques: shows a large model of Makkah and its surroundings. It is the eighth hall at the Museum with a total area of 800 square meters.