Magrabi Eye, Ear, Dental Hospital located in Jeddah - Makkah Road - Kilo 3 - Khozam Street. It founded in 1955, Magrabi Hospitals & Centers has evolved from a simple eye hospital in Jeddah, the first private specialized facility in the Middle East and Africa. Magrabi was the first to introduce the principle of sub-specialization in ophthalmology. Magrabi has become the largest eye care network in the world, providing eye care to more than 1,000,000 patients and performing more than 100,000 sight-preserving surgeries annually. Magrabi operates in 30 locations distributed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Yemen and Egypt. Magrabi was the first in the Middle East to perform a corneal transplant surgery in 1968, the intraocular lens implant in 1972, vision correction by radial keratotomy in 1980, cataract by phaco in 1981, Lasik in 1989. Additionally, one of Magrabi doctors, discovered a unique method for corneal transplants that will reduce the cornea rejection incidence.
- For the Department of Eye, it contains the following sections:
- Refractive Surgery Unit for treatment of all refractive errors by the latest surgical technologies.
- Cornea, External Eye diseases Unit.
- Glaucoma Unit to treat different types of Glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that may lead to optic nerve damage thus loss of vision).
- Vitreo-Retina Unit to treat retina and vitreous related diseases such as retinal detachment and vitreous bleeding. Treatment is via Laser or surgery.
- Pediatric Ophthalmology Unit to treat eye diseases in pediatrics such as congenital Glaucoma, congenital Cataract, congenital Retinopathy, Strabismus and Amblyopia.
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Unit to treat eye diseases related to the optic nerve or the nervous system (and affecting the eye nerves) such as optic nerve inflammations.
- Ocular Oncology Unit to treat eye tumors via radiation, chemotherapy, or surgery according to the size and location of the tumor.
- For the Department of Nose and ear and throat, it includes:
- Laryngology and Phoniatrics Division to diagnosis and management of delayed language development, rehabilitation of deaf children, diagnosis and management of speech disorders, assessment of voice problems, acoustic Analysis of voice, voice therapy, laser phonosurgery, Diagnosis & treatment of globus and dysphagia, and Diagnosis & treatment of laryngeal lesions.
- Rhinology Division includes: -Nasal Allergy Unit to sensitivity and allergy tests , smell sensation tests Immunotherapy for Allergy.
- Nasal Endoscopy Unit to endoscopic examination and diagnosis of nose and sinuses, endoscopic Sinus Surgery, endoscopic surgery for tumor of the nose.
- Snoring Unit to diagnosis and management of snoring.
- Dental department, it includes the following units:
- Pedodontics Unit to treat dental diseases of children.
- Orthodontics Unit to correct dental deformities and anomalies through the adjustment,alignment and movement of the teeth and their supporting structure.
- Oral Surgery Unit to diagnose and treat diseases of the oral cavity and surrounding structures including teeth extraction, diseased tissues removal,impacted teeth exposure, fractured jaws wiring and dental implants placing.
- Endodontics Unit to diagnose and treat diseases of the dental pulp.
Magrabi hospital has a team of qualified doctors graduating from the top universities and ophthalmology institutes. Magrabi sends doctors in fellowships in the United States and Europe to be updated with the latest surgical technologies. Magrabi Hospitals & Centers is always keen to adopt the latest technologies and surgical equipment. Magrabi Hospitals & Centers is committed to delivering the highest quality services to our patients by implementing the top international quality standards of quality and patient safety. all surgical facilities in Magrabi Hospital are accredited by the Joint Commission International for hospitals accreditation in the United States where it got all surgical branches in Saudi Arabia and in the Gulf and Egypt to adopt the highest degree possible evaluation.